PLEASE READ THIS GUIDANCE VERY CAREFULLY
The following information has been given to us by the government that will help us to identify families who have NO OPTION than to send their child to school as they are classed as workers who are CRITICAL to the COVID-19 response.
If one parent is classed as a Key Worker at this time, could we ask that you make every effort to arrange care for your child/children before using the school key worker provision.
We are very fortunate that we have enough staff that are well and in a position with their own personal circumstances to work with children who will require childcare to enable them to attend critical work. Obviously this could change quickly as school staff become poorly. Requests will be considered and places offered to those in greatest need, and when all other options have been exhausted by parents.
It is important that families only use this provision if absolutely necessary.
If you think you fall within the critical key worker categories you should confirm with your employer that, based on their business continuity arrangements, your specific role is necessary for the continuation of this essential public service. Parents whose work is critical to the COVID-19 response include those who work in health and social care and in other key sectors outlined below. Many parents working in these sectors may be able to ensure their child is kept at home as recommended by the government for their safety and the safety of others. Every child who can be safely cared for at home should be. Please, therefore, follow these key principles:
1. If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
2. If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then provision will be available for them.
3. Parents should not rely upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
4. Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
5. Residential special schools, boarding schools and special settings continue to care for children wherever possible.
If your work is CRITICAL to the COVID-19 response, or you work in one of the critical sectors listed, and you CANNOT keep your child safe at home then your children will be prioritised for provision.
If you ask us to care for your child you must agree to our terms and conditions as outlined in the attachment below.
If you have any queries or questions please email us at email@example.com