This opportunity is available to the Year 6 leavers from Barwic Parade Community Primary School.
The Club is run every Wednesday during term time from 3.45pm – 5.00pm for the autumn and spring term.
The aims of the club are to:
- Bridge the gap between Primary school and High school to support a successful transition
- Share the positive experiences with each other and the teachers in Barwic Parade Primary School
- Allow opportunity for the pupils to re-engage with the teachers in Barwic Parade Primary School
- Be able to offer each other support and solutions to enable then to have success
- Give the pupils pastoral support and the opportunity to talk to familiar adults about any concerns they have
- Have time to talk to their friends who may attend other High Schools
- Support and help with homework when needed
- Give opportunity to access ICT resources for use with homework
The club is run by Miss Ruth Preston and is held in the EMS rooms within Barwic Parade Community Primary School.